Friday, April 25, 2008

How to Lock/Hide Your Folder in Windows XP without Using Any Software?

2:34 AM
1. Maybe you want to try it out on an empty folder in case something goes wrong. So first create a folder in drive C , let say you name it as “my-secret-collection” ( LOL! ) without the quotes.
2. Next, open your command prompt ( Start > Run > type “cmd” in the Run box without the quotes )
3. Within the command prompt, type “attrib +s +h C:\my-secret-collection” ( again without the quotes )
4. This command will make your folder completely invisible and it can not be seen even in hidden files and folders. Try search for the folder, I am sure it returns no result. It’s cool right?
5. To make the folder visible again type “attrib -s -h C:\my-secret-collection”
6. And of course you can lock other folder too, by changing the location C:\my-secret-collection to address of your folder.

0 comments: